Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Philippine History in the Viewpoint of a Nigerian

I don't understand a word from this guy. He speaks in a Nigerian-accent English. And its making me have a nosebleed. But I dont care. I just want to listen to his report on our History1-Philippine History class. I see my classmates smirking or acting serious in class but a the back of their minds laughing loudly. I'm not a racist and I'm not a proud know-all history student, but I see something wrong about him reporting. My teacher adores him when he recite and report eventough he speaks funny and sometimes wrong.
But this day, I understand why he is here, this is to remind me and my classmate how we often neglect history and not remember the sacrifices of our heroes just to have independence. He persistently studied our history just as he would do for his own country's history. Wow for him. Shame for us. We need young Filipinos like that... well I guess I should start with myself. Aim 1.00 for Philippine history subjects not because we need to raised our poor GPAs, but because we are Filipinos.

No comments: